Thursday 1 March 2012

Paris Fashion Week - Gareth Pugh & MUGLER AW12

Gareth Pugh AW12

MUGLER AW12



The two individual designer and design house has produced a very monochrome collection for AW12. I love the fur and tassels from London designer and one of my favourites. The collection started off with structural pieces which then grew more towards his signature style of body-con looped tassels pieces. I liked the first 20 or so looks, but the latter was rather simple and safe for what I usually expect from Pugh. And for that reason, I only selected my favourite looks here (you can see the rest on www.style.com).

I loved the first few pieces in the MUGLER show. Pristine white mixed with fur and tassels accompanied by a head-mask hat; which reminded me of Alexander McQueen's SS'05 "human chess" collection. The collection then transcended to the more MUGLER style. The shapes and silhouette again reminds me of MUGLER's debut collection under Nicolas Formichetti's direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment